Civilization VI: Announcement Trailer, Screenshots and Release Date
Fans of the Civilization franchise will be pleased to learn that the next installment will be available by the end of the year. The announcement trailer showcases a range of civilisations from the past and present of Humanity, as a voice-over narrates a rather inspiring speech about our ambition, achievements, and endurance. The trailer doesn’t actually show any live gameplay, although we have screenshots at the bottom of this article, it does reveal that the game will be released later this year.
Civilization VI boasts a number of features which will include, but are not limited to:
- Expansive Empires: Cities will now spread across the map like they never have before. Players will be able to custom build their cities to take full advantage of the terrain.
- Active Research: Players can unlock boosts that will help speed civilizations through history, as units actively explore, develop the environment, and discover new cultures around the globe.
- Dynamic Diplomacy: Interactions can be made with other leaders which will completely change the course of the game and affect future alliances and negotiations.
- Combined Arms: Various units can now be embedded with each other, e.g. anti-tank support with infantry, or warriors with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.
- Enhanced Multiplayer: In addition to the traditional multiplayer modes, players can now cooperate and compete with friends in scenarios specifically designed to be completed within a single session.
- A Civ for All Players: Civilization VI will be accessible for all players of the franchise, both new and veteran. Veterans will be provided with new ways to build and evolve their civilization, while new players can access the brand new tutorial system which will help them get started on the path to glory.
Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of time. Become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the Stone Age to the Information Age. Wage war, conduct diplomacy, advance your culture, and go head-to- head with history’s greatest leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known.
Civilization VI will be released for PC on October 21st 2016.
Image Credits: Firaxis Games.